The Naxal menace is getting out of control of the Government, both Centre and State. Should the Army be involved in curbing the menace and bring the situation under control ?

Sunday, August 31, 2014

Poem by an unknown soldier

Life in the Army, they say is mighty fine,
 Well..old rhyme, limited and confined.

 Today's Army is something different, Troops battling more in peace than on Front.

 Cadets are tech savvy and army is career,
 OG is life ..oh no Sir !

 Give me Supply, Ordnance, EME and anything other than infantry,
 I'm third generation proud officer, but fuck the family tree !

 Gimme me uniform and I'll show you how;
 Better than anyone I'll milk this cow.

 Helpers, vehicles, guest rooms and peace tenures;
 No one ever has enough, I'm sure.

 I've seen seniors dying for these things,
 Oh the orgasm a guest room, however shitty, brings.

 When did my seniors ever talk about weapons and wars,
 All I heard was " Cdr likes Nimbu ka achaar"

 Who knows Bulge, Iwo Jima or Agincourt;
 The focus my friend, is on annual report.

 Traditions are British and Indian attitude ;
 Cocktail samosas , our fortitude.

 Previous Boss was fool, ignorant, selfish and just made it;
 I'm here to rescue you my Army, I declare it.

 How can they be wrong, they have staff college degree;
 Give them 30 minutes, and they'll  drown you with Thesaurus spree.

 Don't know what they teach there;
 They go as soldiers, come back presenters.

 The bloated egos and nouveau class;
 Spare me God, of this farce !

 Licence to speak and grow, yes they earn ;
 The arm chair aristocracy, that's mostly they learn.

 Either a true soldier or an officer with career;
 Lesson No 1 in army, you live with that all your years.

 Cribbing is my birthright and everything is wrong;
 Keep blaming others for being Surdy group, Jat or Bong.

 Hateful boring social evenings with all formalities aboard;
 Laughing at boss's poor jokes, the only one way road !

 Wine and cheese, salads and soufflés;
 My Lord Commander, please see my style and acknowledge my play.

 I know naught of why NATO behaves so;
 Military officer that I am, where's the need to know.

 When will I ever debate anything intellectual and critical ;
 Juniors will keep agreeing to me, and with seniors, I never mull.

 The race to become civilian like cool;
 Well, needless to say, who's the fool.

 God save you from those who've been abroad ;
 The stories are never ending, nor is the fraud.

 Those duty free bottles, meant to be had ;
 Hang in personal bar for years, just to show and feel glad.

 "Arrey Ma'am.." Still confuses me a lot;
 Makes me think, to ruin our culture, was it a British plot?

 The ego is so small and insignificant,
 A pick up from station to cantt.

 If the world didn't know how awesome I am;
 Now I have Facebook, and there, I don't sham.

 What I read, eat, do, travel, watch and crap;
 I will tell all, leave no gap.

 Respect me, for I'm better than you;
 Look at all the shit I'm doing, it's true.

 I hate arranging these parties, golf, meets and setting up mess like banquet hall;
 Still, I can't say No, coz I lost my balls.

 I won't say the King is nude,
 I got AE to earn , and also..it's rude.

 Boss doesn't like my wife much ;
 She's professional, has a doctorate in some micro processors and such.

 Who cares what she does ,
 "You're married to OG, attend the Ladies meet, final, bas !"

 20 years in army, I still don't know if I have friends;
 Cut them all out for gradings, ACRs and favours , and never made amends.

 My gypsy , my house, my helper, my dog;
 That's all I think I'll write if I ever blog.

 Maybe there will be some mention of war games and Cold start;
 Which is also beer sessions and verbal fart.

 Doctrines keep getting revised and new teachings in place;
 Don't know why in combat they blow up in face.

 Every Commander, new rules and strategy for troops;
 Just to satisfy him COs jumping through hoops.

 Academy was different, I failed in every test;
 PT, cross country, jump, sports ..name it, life was GCI fest

 Thanks to messed up system of who cares what I did then ;
 I command troops and lecture on toughness , just coz I know how to move pen.

 People don't change, I still shit my pants if I'm made to run ;
 But now I can hop into gypsy and have all the fun.

 Yes, I don't need to run in battle and rather plan and strategise;
 And the bull I can add there, limits are skies.

 There's a reason why bullshitters love bullshitters;
 No one likes to be pointed out, gives then jitters.

 They keep moving from rank to rank fooling system and each other;
 They applaud each other and say " he's PSC, imtrat, UN, instructor..he's a brother "

 How we leave behind and cut off from those who don't make it;
 Their Hellos keep hanging in air and their questions are not deemed fit.

 Oh The Pyramid of ranks , selfish and singular;
 Wait..there is a Motherland, I never mentioned her.

 India it is , and we are the sons;
 Will die to defend her, and for that I got this gun.

 Honestly, I've never fired it except for some mandatory firing at range ;
 Decades in army, some things never change.

 Bureaucrats hate us and we hate them back;
 Why we hate them, that rail is little off track.

 They are more exposed, traveled, educated, powerful and have muscles to flex;
 So even though I don't like to admit, but it maybe inferiority complex.

 We maybe kings of cantonment and rulers of our men ;
 But with them lies the real authority and our swords are not mightier than their pen.

 Take a guess how many times my comrades mention if they go to five star hotel;
 No, you guessed it wrong, it's few more than whatever number rang your bell.

 It's not an army of soldiering, bandoleer and tents;
 It's showing off, being suave and metro sexual gents.

 The world is changing, and we've changed for worst;
 The money, technology, and ape mentality is all a curse.

 We want to snatch the respect from everyone and not respect them back;
 Humility, which even Montgomery and Patton had, we lack.

 Don't be amazed by the falling standards of everyone;
 There aren't any Rommels, Yo..don't expect no young guns.

 To judge a character, give a man power;
 One who still remains humble is the man of hour.

 The race is to please, appease and impress bosses;
 The respect you lose of troops and families, you never account for those losses.

 Everyone will salute you..that's the norm;
 Don't mistake it for respect, just see who the salute is coming from.

 It's his duty to do that, he's bound to it;
 Do you deserve it, to what limit?

 Stop bitching, stop sucking and stop the act;
 Be real soldier, genuine officer and deal with facts.

 The glory of army if from the fallen heroes and feats of bravery;
 If you aren't in either, don't mistake yourself for King Henry!

 This army was, is and will continue to run without you;
 Do something to improve it, leave a mark and that's what you should do.

 The more you bitch, the more you demoralise;
 What a negative effect you have on your troops, you never realise.

 Just take a step back and evaluate;
 What's more important, which character has more weight.

 We don't fight elections, we don't need to be popular, we don't need a fan;
 We were meant to fight, lead and simply be a manmy iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment