The Naxal menace is getting out of control of the Government, both Centre and State. Should the Army be involved in curbing the menace and bring the situation under control ?

Friday, July 19, 2013

A TRIBUTE TO THE AIR FORCE

A TRIBUTE TO THE AIR FORCE 

He was handsome ,dashing , and loved to fly,
I was just nineteen, awkward and shy,
With calculated charm he wooed me and persisted,
I demurred, protested, and half heartedly resisted,
But at last he managed to have his way,
I agreed to tie the knot , come what may,
We were wed and posted to KKD,
One month and he was off on his first TD,
Pilots wives ,I was told never cry,
Cheerfully send off their husbands to fly,
But here I was alone , stranded and sad,
Came the queries why the long face , why so sad?
They took charge and kept me busy,
Coffee mornings ,shopping sprees and kitties,
How warmly I was welcomed into the fold,
Into the squadron ,by young and old,
I cannot forget the warmth and the caring,
It was then I learnt the joy of sharing,
The picnics ,the parties and the sheer fun,
The pride and thrill when flying was done,
And now I am an Airforce wife of many years,
I look back and laugh at my fears,
We are so proud to be the wives,
Of these masters of the skies,
Men, who daily risk their lives,
For their country , in peace or strife,
May God bless them one and all,
May no harm ever befall,
If I ever was given another life
I,d rather be born an AirForce wife!

Arti Chopra

No comments:

Post a Comment